Afterfall Prequel RP
Log in plz
Afterfall Prequel RP

RP for all the characters before the start of Afterfall.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 City Streets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uncertainhavoc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-07
Age : 20
Location : Boulder, CO

PostSubject: City Streets   Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm



The streets of Hemopolis are almost always shrouded by the massive palace and research facility. Those structures are so big you can see them for miles. It rains a lot too. The streets are rarely packed, most trolls staying inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://afterfall.forumotion.com
Uncertainhavoc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-07
Age : 20
Location : Boulder, CO

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Alenda strides through the dark alleyways, her cloak billowing behind her as she rounds a corner into the murky streets of the lower district. She frowns, and one of her hands instinctively reaches for her Ashandari. Catching herself, she heaves a sigh and steps into one of the multitude of disfunctional shops. As she enters, a loud buzzing signals her presence to the inhabitant, who comes scurrying out, wringing his hands with thinly veiled greed

yES Yes hOW Can i Help yOU

Well I was hoping you had finformation actually. *Information, shit.

The lowblood narrows his eyes and snaps his fingers. Seemingly from the woodwork, a dozen lowbloods with weapons appear, all of their guns trained on Alenda's head. She smiles and approaches the bar, testing one of the bar stools. It snaps off in her hand, so she shrugs and leans against the counter, looking nonchalant at the clear violation of room capacity

Man people have gotten even MORE aggressive since I last came here.

Probably bECAUSE The lAST Time yOU Came wE Werent bEING Oppressed mALICIOUSLY
kILL Her!


Alenda smiles slowly, her hand already on her trusty spear. Before any of them can react, she whips it out and slices the necks of the two idiots standing closest to her. With a unanimous cry of rage, all the lowbloods open fire at her. Weaving between the shots, Alenda catches a chair with her loose hand as she's diving out of the way, hurling it at another pair of thugs too stupid to stand apart. With a grunt, she braces herself against the wall and shoves the desk over before diving behind it for cover. She glances around, spotting a knife, and snatches it, jumping out from behind the desk and throwing it at the barrel of one of the guns. It pierces the phase matrix and erupts, knocking everyone to the ground. Alenda strides forward without skipping a beat, grabs the info broker by his neck, and hurls him onto the streets. Behind her she drops a Laz Block, which emits a high pitched whine before exploding, shaking the entire block. Cursing at the scene she just made, Alenda picks up the broker, whom is pleading for his life and making a multitude of grandiose bows. Pulling out her grappling hook, Alenda repels up the side of a building just as the Subjug police arrive. By then a few of the other block inhabitants had started to slink out of their hives, fearing a purge. A few of the Subjugs start grabbing the lowbloods and throwing them back into their hives. Far too aggressive, Alenda thought, but what are you gonna do. She turned to her prisoner, who was desperately clawing at the handle of a hatch at the far end of the roof

Reall now if I was gonna kill you I would have already. You're damn fucking heavy.

Alenda crouches down in front of him and grabs his face with one hand, glaring at him

I need you to send a message to that freedom fighter for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://afterfall.forumotion.com
Sandstriker

avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:47 pm

Shrish rolls the fuck up on these streets with her cloak, she looks behind her shoulder and calls out to Desarthi.
Hurry up--!!! We can't miss any of the p--arty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uncertainhavoc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-07
Age : 20
Location : Boulder, CO

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Desarthi smiles under her cloak, pulling the hood down even lower so a passing Cobalt Blood doesn't notice her face. She catches up to Shrish, falling in step beside her as they slip through small alleyways and between the crowds

You would think we were being chased, with all the haste and such

_________________
Nepeta: [color=#416600]
Feferi/Meenah: [color=#77003c]
Terezi: [color=#008282]
Vriska: [color=#005682]
Aradia: [color=#A10000]
Esdret: [color=#005860]
Desarthi: [color=#8b008b][i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://afterfall.forumotion.com
Sandstriker

avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:53 pm

Shrish scoffs.
Of course we are! The march of time waits for no one and that includes highbloods like us! We only have so long before we have to go back you know, so we gotta make the time count!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uncertainhavoc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-07
Age : 20
Location : Boulder, CO

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:29 am

Desarthi's grin falters for a moment, but it returns so quickly it'd have been hard to catch

Yes I suppose even we struggle with that

_________________
Nepeta: [color=#416600]
Feferi/Meenah: [color=#77003c]
Terezi: [color=#008282]
Vriska: [color=#005682]
Aradia: [color=#A10000]
Esdret: [color=#005860]
Desarthi: [color=#8b008b][i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://afterfall.forumotion.com
royalPawn

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2016-09-08
Age : 21
Location : B4

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:32 am

Phanam and Lentia carefully make their way trough the streets in the palace's general direction, with Phanam tucked away deeply into his hood to hide his bright skin

âre you sure we shouldn't be using the cloâks? i'm looking pretty suspicious trying not to be suspicious here

Lentia shakes her head

Better n⊙t. If we d⊙ get sp⊙tted theyll be more alert when we try t⊙ get ⊙ut later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandstriker

avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:15 pm

Anyways, from what I was told it's only a coup--le more blocks down this way and we should be there. I have a friend who works there so we can slip-- right on in, no questions asked and no chance of accidental identity reveals.
Shrish turned around and started walking backwards to face Desarthi, seeing if she was nearly as excited as she was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uncertainhavoc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-07
Age : 20
Location : Boulder, CO

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:01 am

Desarthi opens her mouth to respond, before bumping into a passing jadeblood

Oh excuse m-

Desarthi immediately curses herself. There isn't a troll on this planet that doesn't recognize her voice, no matter how quiet she is. She turns to the jadeblood and his accomplice, a young female tealblood

I would greatly appreciate if you did not make a fuss about seeing me here

_________________
Nepeta: [color=#416600]
Feferi/Meenah: [color=#77003c]
Terezi: [color=#008282]
Vriska: [color=#005682]
Aradia: [color=#A10000]
Esdret: [color=#005860]
Desarthi: [color=#8b008b][i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://afterfall.forumotion.com
royalPawn

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2016-09-08
Age : 21
Location : B4

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:15 pm

Phanam immediately freezes up. Lentia gets as far as Why w⊙uld we-? before the penny drops.

...Empress.

Phanam, throat dry, greets her with a discrete bow. He shifts his weight slightly in a way that is familiar to Lentia. She hisses between her teeth; Y⊙u cant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uncertainhavoc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-07
Age : 20
Location : Boulder, CO

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Desarthi flashes a pained smile and nods politely

An honor jadeblood. Your continued service to our people is a great relief

She pulls her cloak tighter and starts walking away, her eyes distant and saddened

Make sure you take care of yourself child. Jadebloods have a tendency of being attacked by lowbloods and I would be saddened to hear of any incidents tonight

_________________
Nepeta: [color=#416600]
Feferi/Meenah: [color=#77003c]
Terezi: [color=#008282]
Vriska: [color=#005682]
Aradia: [color=#A10000]
Esdret: [color=#005860]
Desarthi: [color=#8b008b][i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://afterfall.forumotion.com
royalPawn

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2016-09-08
Age : 21
Location : B4

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Phanam frowns. This is the first time he's met Desarthi in person, and she seems surprisingly...melancholic

thânk you for your concern, my empress. though i very much doubt â lowblood will be the deâth of me.

Lentia glances as him, not terribly pleased with his attempts at being clever

This might be presumptu⊙us ⊙f me empress
but are y⊙u n⊙t c⊙ncerned f⊙r y⊙ur ⊙wn safety?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uncertainhavoc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-07
Age : 20
Location : Boulder, CO

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:07 pm

The Empress stops, then turns and smiles, her eyes seemingly vacant

That is certainly a possibility

With blinding speed, a chain whizzes past Lentia's head, missing her hood by a mere centimeter. Just as quickly as it appeared, Desarthi yanks it back into her cloak and turns away, walking back towards Shrish

I am looking forward to anyone who might try to cause me a problem tonight
It has been quite some time since I laid down punishment myself


She stops, turns again, and this time her vacant gaze is replaced by one of absolute fury

Let the vermin come in droves
I suggest you head home for the evening


With that, Desarthi turns her back on the two trolls and walks away, leaving Shrish to catch up

_________________
Nepeta: [color=#416600]
Feferi/Meenah: [color=#77003c]
Terezi: [color=#008282]
Vriska: [color=#005682]
Aradia: [color=#A10000]
Esdret: [color=#005860]
Desarthi: [color=#8b008b][i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://afterfall.forumotion.com
royalPawn

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2016-09-08
Age : 21
Location : B4

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Lentia flinches, almost stumbles when the chain whizzes past her, then stays slightly crouched trying to battle the adrenaline spike. Phanam, on the other hand, stays perfectly still until Desarthi turns to leave. When she does, he puts a hand on Lentia's shoulder, but she cuts him off before he can open his mouth

Yes unharmed thank y⊙u. Lets just leave.
you don't wânt to-?

She shakes her head, still a little unsteady

We sh⊙uld hurry t⊙ ⊙ur destinati⊙n. Evidently these streets arent safe

The two of them continue on their way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandstriker

avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:39 pm

Shrish laughed to herself at the teal blood's reaction, a sharp toothed grin spreading on her face.
Gog you landdwellers are p--athetic.
She turned and booked it back up to Desarthi.
Man you were great there!
Shrish paused for a moment, gaining a much more sober look instead.
But uh- you seemed a lil' bit out of it, you shore you're alright to go tonight?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
royalPawn

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2016-09-08
Age : 21
Location : B4

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:28 pm

After walking a few streets and rounding a corner, Lentia steps in front of Phanam

Are y⊙u ⊙ut ⊙f y⊙ur mind?

Phanam stops, looking at her quizzically

considering the kind of life i chose to leâd, yeâh i'd sây so.

MAYBE y⊙u sh⊙uld try KEEPING that life a little l⊙nger. Y⊙u were ready t⊙ fight her Phanam!

i hâd to be reâdy if she-

If she attacked. Which she had n⊙ reas⊙n t⊙ s⊙ y⊙u had t⊙ g⊙ ahead and give her ⊙ne.

...i'm not the one she swung a châin ât.

Lentia sighs. She briefly flips back her eyepiece to pinch the bridge of her nose

I made a mistake there. But theres a difference between making mistakes and being needlessly b⊙ld. D⊙nt think I didnt n⊙tice h⊙w y⊙ur answer t⊙ her was ⊙h s⊙ ambigu⊙us.
D⊙nt taunt y⊙ur enemies unless y⊙u want them t⊙ strike. D⊙nt play games with y⊙ur enemies unless theres s⊙mething t⊙ win. Remember that.


Phanam ponders for a moment, then nods at her, understandingly. She responds with a faint smile and a nod in kind. A few seconds pass in silence

...âre you sure you're âlright? you DID just get âssâulted by possibly the greâtest fighter on the plânet, who âlso hâppens to be widely know âs â genocidâl psychopâth.

Lentia shakes her head, cracking a broader smile this time

⊙ur bel⊙ved empress is currently multiple bl⊙cks thataway and well ⊙ut ⊙f chaining range. And even if she werent I d⊙ubt she c⊙uld get tr⊙ugh the layer ⊙f physical w⊙rry y⊙ure pr⊙jecting.

*She pauses and looks at her surroundings*

Anyway we sh⊙uld be cl⊙se en⊙ugh t⊙ the palace n⊙w. Get me t⊙ a r⊙⊙ft⊙p will y⊙u?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uncertainhavoc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-07
Age : 20
Location : Boulder, CO

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Desarthi nods slightly, then looks out at the ocean as they walk along the upper walkways

She would have loved these walkways you know

_________________
Nepeta: [color=#416600]
Feferi/Meenah: [color=#77003c]
Terezi: [color=#008282]
Vriska: [color=#005682]
Aradia: [color=#A10000]
Esdret: [color=#005860]
Desarthi: [color=#8b008b][i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://afterfall.forumotion.com
Sandstriker

avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:43 pm

She?
Shrish tilts her head to the side, looking down at the ocean to catch a glimpse at whatever Desarthi was talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uncertainhavoc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-07
Age : 20
Location : Boulder, CO

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:48 am

Silence hangs, a thick fog that threatens to suffocate them both. Mercifully, Desarthi turns to Shrish and gives her a pained look

You never had the privilege of meeting her did you
She was the most important person in the world to me
Iorael and I were going to make the world a better place FOR her
But she was taken from me
Aneise was such a strong spirit I-


Desarthi is smiling now, but there is no joy there. Tears run down her face, her eyes distant, filled with something akin to mirth and sorrow

Sorry I just
Her vacancy in my life gets to me at times
She was a jade blood too so that boy reminded me of her

_________________
Nepeta: [color=#416600]
Feferi/Meenah: [color=#77003c]
Terezi: [color=#008282]
Vriska: [color=#005682]
Aradia: [color=#A10000]
Esdret: [color=#005860]
Desarthi: [color=#8b008b][i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://afterfall.forumotion.com
Sandstriker

avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:44 am

Shrish hugs Desarthi tightly, eyes closed.
That's awful!!! I am so so sorry that happened to you.
She untangled herself from the hug and put her hands on Desarthi's shoulder, looking her straight in the eye.
Listen, tonight is about you. If you want to take it easy tonight we can. I know this kind of stuff can be hard, so if you don't want to do somefin, just let me know, okay? I want you to be happ----y.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uncertainhavoc
Admin
avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2016-09-07
Age : 20
Location : Boulder, CO

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks for your concern, Shrish, but I definitely need the escape tonight

Desarthi hugs Shrish back tightly, resting head between her breasts, before softly pushing away and wiping her face

Lets get going

_________________
Nepeta: [color=#416600]
Feferi/Meenah: [color=#77003c]
Terezi: [color=#008282]
Vriska: [color=#005682]
Aradia: [color=#A10000]
Esdret: [color=#005860]
Desarthi: [color=#8b008b][i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://afterfall.forumotion.com
royalPawn

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2016-09-08
Age : 21
Location : B4

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:32 pm

Meanwhile, a few hundred feet farther and higher, an unfortunate lock gets separated from its door when the latter is introduced to Phanam's boot. The young troll steps out and glances at the palace, closer now but still towering over them countless stories. No matter though. It's not what's upstairs they're interested in.

Lentia, once again looking rather annoyed, joins him underneath the night sky*

Phanam f⊙r the last time I have L⊙CKPICKS
SPECIFICALLY f⊙r l⊙w security d⊙⊙rs like that ⊙ne


right, sorry, sorry.

*Lentia shakes her head*

H⊙nestly s⊙metimes y⊙u have less subtlety than th⊙se subjugs.
Y⊙u just keep watch while I get set up.


*Phanam nods and starts a cursory survey of the surrounding buildings, walking across the rooftop's edge. Lentia sits down legs crossed with her grubtop in her lap and fires up a number of programs. She places the Snitch on the ground next to her*

i used to live over there

*Lentia looks up. Phanam's gazing at some undeterminable point within a far-off district*

before the uprising. got out just before things got reâlly bâd. plâce burned down â few months lâter funnily enough.

*He sighs, half-smiling. Lentia doesn't reply. Instead, she types in a few more commands and picks up the Snitch*

Here catch.

*She lobs the thing at Phanam who catches it with ease*

whât do i do with this? wind it up?

Just thr⊙w it in the palaces general directi⊙n.

*He does so, and the little metal ball soars trough the sky for a few seconds before its wings spring to life with a remarkably quiet buzzing, and it bops around in the air like a buoy on a wavy shore until it stabilizes. It shoots forward, lens trained on the palace, then turns and changes course to a lower point, somewhere amidst the waterfall-covered cliffs that form the palace's base*

Lets find ⊙urselves an entry p⊙int.


Last edited by royalPawn on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandstriker

avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:49 pm

Shrish gives her best smile.

Alright then! Let's go and make this night great!!!

Shrish and Desarthi pass by rows of shops alive with trolls wrapping up their errands before the end of the night. Taking several narrow alleys and sharp turns, Shrish guides Desarthi to a somewhat hidden club entrance, where a Jade bouncer stands guard outside. Shrish approaches and traces a finger down the guard's chest

Hey there hot stuff, I don't suppose you remember me from last night?

I certainly do

Would you mind letting in me and my friend?

Depends on if she's as fun as you

Shrish, wide eyed, turns to Desarthi, subtly gesturing for Desarthi not to say anything. Desarthi glances to her left and right, then pulls her hood down, revealing her face. Shrish groans as the Bouncer leaps back in shock, then falls to the floor, genuflecting in awe

I consider myself quite fun actually

The Bouncer nods, banging his head on the ground as he does so. When Desarthi motions for him to rise, he makes sure to avert his eyes as he knocks several times on the door. It swings open just as Desarthi pulls her hood back on

not a word okay buddy?

The Bouncer nods again, trying very hard not to stare at Desarthi as she walks past him into the club. Once inside, Shrish pulls Desarthi to the side and whispers to her

are you sure about this? that dude totally knows who you are now. this place could be swarming any minute now

I don't particularly care. I'd rather just enjoy some fun with my gillfrond

Desarthi gives Shrish a small hug, then ventures into the club. Shrish smiles, shakes her head, and follows her
Back to top Go down
View user profile
royalPawn

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2016-09-08
Age : 21
Location : B4

PostSubject: Re: City Streets   Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:56 pm

Phanam watches as the silver dot grows smaller until he can no longer discern its position. Lentia, frowing, keeps following the device's progress on her screen as it whizzes past the cliffs.

C⊙me ⊙n it has t⊙ be ar⊙und here S⊙MEWHERE.

mâybe you should âsk someone for directions?

⊙h shush y⊙u.

She pauses for a moment, double-checking her data.

Wait maybe...

The drone changes directions and quickly rises up above the cliffs, flying back in the direction of the palace.

There!

A grated duct sticks out over the large crevasse behind the palace, angled downwards. That HAS to be her ticket in. She grins and triumphantly taps her keys, sending the Snitch through the gap and into the Prison. She gasps in surprise and horror at what she sees. Dozens of trolls in shackles and rags are knocked along in lines by Subjuggulator guards in a twisting labyrinth of stairs and darkness. Her Snitch plummets as she searches for weaknesses and entrances, guard positions, anything worth noting. As she nears the bottom, her eyes narrow at a large glow coming out of the corner of the lens. She pans the Snitch to observe the glow; a large furnace-like structure in the very center of the room. She edges the Snitch close to a small vent, much too small for even the snitch to fit through, and tries to gaze inside. Her breath catches in her throat.

H⊙ly shit.

Inside the chamber is a small girl COVERED in scars and burns. Her hair is matted to her emaciated form, and her eyes are wild with pain and fear. The entire room is ablaze, roaring with flames so large she's shocked the entire PALACE hasn't burned down from this. In the corner of the room, she notices several devices that seem to be ABSORBING the flames.

Phanam
y⊙u need to see this.


She numbly turns her laptop to Phanam, who takes a concerned look at the screen. He pales, horror washing over him. Quietly he utters a few words:

its not psionics
just one


He turns from the screen. Then begins pacing, increasingly frantic, looking back at the rock hiding this hellish prison, gripped by the desire to do something until he comes to a halt at the very edge of the building, seemingly ready to leap all the way across.

Lentia tears herself away from the atrocity and has her Snitch continue to survey the patrols. When she's satisfied, she types in a final command and the Snitch automatically heads back in her direction. She slowly sets closes the laptop and slumps to the ground, her eyes wide with shock. A few tears escape, running down the side of her face.

Phanam-

we'll save her. we'll sâve âll of them

Phanam doesn't look directly at her, instead gazing at the Palace, fury alight in his eyes.

this cruelty needs to end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
City Streets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Wonder Woman Pilot Script - All McBeal In The City....
» The Free City of Gierburg - Board & Scenery
» the mordheim city "BURN SMASHERS" wip orcs
» BUILDING MY OWN CITY / TOWNSHIP
» Ostmark State Officials - the Mordheim City Watch

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Afterfall Prequel RP :: Alternate Alternia :: Hemopolis-
Jump to: